San Luis district of Lima
San Luis: sports, markets and parks
Limas districts: San Luis – A quiet district, but good for a surprise
The small district east of the city center is mainly residential district. In addition, there are several companies and a large area, Villa Deportiva Nacional. It is the home of several Peruvian sports institutes, such as the Olympic Committee, the Peruvian Football Association and others. If you come to San Luis, it is best to go to the market, the selection of fresh fruits and vegetables is overwhelming. Especially the locals shop there, so it’s a good opportunity to look over their shoulders and know their habits. The main square of San Luis is Horacio Patiño Cruzatti Park, a place where the main official events take place. Also worth visiting is the Parque de los Novios. The plant in the center of the park is particularly beautiful: a small and original building with sophisticated plantings. Maybe the district sounds too docile, but you should go there once; You will experience some surprises.
Museums in San Luis
There is a museum in San Luis that most of you do not expect when you think of the other museums in the city, which are mainly concerned with archeology and the history and art of Peru. The connoisseurs, however, the name Saint Seya will say something. The Saint Seya Museum is the first anime museum in Peru. There you can see figures of knights with colors, video games and manga in different languages and characters of the series Saint Seya Myth Cloth.
In Lima you can eat very well in many places, because San Luis is no exception. Especially recommended is El Rincon del Gordo with Peruvian cuisine. The restaurant is mainly a seafood restaurant, but also serves meat dishes. What particularly stands out is the imaginative decoration of the food. One almost wants to refrain from eating these works of art. On the contrary, La Esquinita Columbiana serves Colombian cuisine.
Hotels and Accommodation
San Luis has some less expensive hotels. The area is not one of the main attractions for visitors, so you will find a wider option in other parts of the city. San Luis is a quiet district with many parks. In addition, it is relatively central, other parts of the city with its places of interest are easily accessible. That’s why a hotel in San Luis is not a bad choice.
San Luis district
Area: 3,49 km²
Height: 175 m
- Comas – district in the limit of the northern city of Lima
- Independencia – poverty and economic recovery
- Puente Piedra, or the bridges from the Inca period
- San Martín de Porres – Huacas and a Peruvian saint
- Barranco – romance and a touch of nostalgia in Lima
- Breña – Streets and squares in the neighborhood of the locals
- Jesús María and his popular places
- La Victoria – Clothes make people
- Lima the city of kings
- Lince: The “Heart of Lima”
- Magdalena del Mar – The quiet west of Lima
- Miraflores – the district of the beautiful and wealthy in Lima
- Pueblo Libre: Small but fine
- Rímac – bullfighting and happy parties
- San Isidro – Lima’s Garden District and Financial Center
- Santiago de Surco – From gold and weapons to horses
- Chorrillos – When the sun sinks into the sea
- Punta Negra – surfing, swimming, high waves and beaches
- Ate Vitarte, or: “The past empire of ancient cultures”
- El Agustino, or “The lost treasure”
- La Molina – the sunniest district in Lima